The White House has said that India is a strategically important Indo-Pacific In area America is a “very important” strategic partner of the United States and Washington New Delhi attaches importance to its bilateral relations with Russia Each country has to take a decision regarding this. Since Russia the neighbor Ukraine US-led Western countries have imposed punitive sanctions on him when he launched a “special military operation” in the U.S.
- India “A very important strategic partner in the Indo-Pacific region”.
- Industry data shows that since refiners Ukraine buy Russian crude oil available at a significant discount as a result of the conflict in Russia Saudi Arabia has overtaken Saudi Arabia to become India’s second largest oil supplier after Iraq.
- About 25 million barrels of Russian oil, or more than 16 percent of their total oil imports, were bought by Indian refiners in May.
- India reiterated earlier this month its need for energy security Russia It serves as the basis for the purchase of crude oil from
Effect of Russo-Ukraine War:
- In western capitals, there has been some uneasiness over India’s stand on the situation in Ukraine and its option to buy subsidized Russian oil.
- India has not yet condemned the Russian war on Ukraine, but has been advocating an immediate cessation of all hostilities and a diplomatic and diplomatic solution to the crisis.
- India, the third largest oil consumer and importer in the world, has long justified its purchase of crude.
- India, which is the world’s third-largest importer and consumer of crude, has long defended its purchase of Russian crude, saying its imports from Russia are negligible compared to Europe’s and account for only one percent of the country’s total consumption. small part.
Find More International News