entrepreneur Ranjit Bajaj
A 12-member advisory committee was appointed by the CoA to oversee the day-to-day affairs of the various departments of AIFF. The Advisory Committee will send regular reports to all the members of the COA for their information and approval, if necessary.
- The CoA took over the charge of AIFF last month after the Supreme Court removed the office bearers led by Praful Patel for not holding elections on time. Patel had completed his 12-year tenure as AIFF chief.
- The CoA has been entrusted with the task of amending the AIFF constitution and holding elections in line with the National Sports Code.
- A seven-member joint team of world football’s governing body FIFA and its Asian arm AFC are currently visiting India to help find a solution to the impasse.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- All India Football Federation Headquarters Location: New Delhi;
- Establishment of All India Football Federation: 23 June 1937;
- All India Football Federation FIFA Affiliation: 1948.