Indian Oil Corporation (IOC) Introduced its Patent Indigenous Solar Cook Top, “Sun New” Developed by the Faridabad R&D Center of the oil refiner. Surya Nutan will help drastically reduce India’s CO2 emissions and protect our citizens from the uncertainty of high international fossil fuel prices.
The product was showcased by the Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas (MOPNG) HS Puri; Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Minister Giriraj Singh; Minister of State (MoS) for Commerce and Industry, Som Prakash; In the presence of Minister of State for Housing and Urban Affairs Kaushal Kishor and Uttar Pradesh Minister of Finance and Parliamentary Affairs Suresh Khanna.
About Surya Nutan:
- solar cook top one Stable, rechargeable, and kitchen-connected indoor solar cooking system Is. It offers an online cooking mode while charging.
- Surya Nutan hybrid mode This means that it can run on both solar and auxiliary power sources simultaneously. The solar cook top’s insulation design minimizes radiative and conductive heat loss.
- initial cost of the product 12,000 for the base model and Rs. for top model 23,000 is Rs. , However, costs are expected to come down significantly with economies of scale.
- At present, to explore various operational and commercial aspects related to its application Around 60 places like Leh (Ladakh) But pilot projects are being conducted.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- Chairman of Indian Oil Corporation: Shrikant Madhav Vaidya;
- Indian Oil Corporation Headquarters: New Delhi;
- Establishment of Indian Oil Corporation: 30 June 1959.
Find More National News Here