Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) Former Director General of Police (DGP) Punjab, Dinkar Gupta To Director General of National Investigation Agency (NIA) appointed as A 1987 batch Indian Police Service (IPS) officer of Punjab cadre was removed from the post of DGP of the state and in 2021 as Punjab Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi was replaced by Capt (Retd) Amarinder Singh in Police Housing Corporation deployed.
As per the order, Gupta will hold the post of NIA chief till March 31, 2024, i.e. the date of his retirement or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
Career of Dinkar Gupta:
- Gupta has held the post of Director General of Police, Intelligence, Punjab, which involved direct oversight of the Punjab State Intelligence Wing, State Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) and Organized Crime Control Unit (OCCU).
- An experienced and distinguished officer, Gupta had earlier served an eight-year stint on central deputation from June 2004 to July 2012, during which he did sensitive assignments as the head of the Intelligence Bureau unit, whose task was to look after VVIP security.
- to Gupta 1992 and 1994 two cops in gallantry medals was awarded. He was also awarded the Police Medal for Meritorious Services and the President’s Police Medal for Distinguished Service (2010) by the President.
- In 1999, Gupta London School of Economics, London In British Council By British Chevening Gurukul Scholarship has been awarded.
Important takeaways for all competitive exams:
- NIA Headquarters: New Delhi;
- NIA Founder: Radha Vinod Raju;
- Establishment of NIA: 31 December 2008.
Find More Appointments Here