ONGC Videsh has earlier discovered commercial oil in the Lower Sand play in Mariposa and Indico fields in the block in 2017 and 2018, respectively, which are currently commercially producing 20,000 barrel oil per day.


Loading...

New Delhi : ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL), a wholly owned subsidiary and overseas arm of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) has recently drilled an oil well, Uraka-IX, in CPO-5 Block, Lanos Basin, Colombia. searched for. ,

A company statement said the well was dug on 20 April 2022 and drilled to target a depth of 10,956 feet, consisting of 17 feet thick oil-bearing sand at a depth of 10201-10218 feet. had to face.

“During preliminary testing with an Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP), the fluid flowed at about 600 barrels/day with an oil of about 40-50% w/c and 16o API. The discovery of oil in this well in the Lower Mirador Play has opened up new areas for further exploration in the northern part of the block.”

ONGC Videsh has earlier conducted commercial oil exploration in Lower Sand Play in Mariposa and Indico fields in 2017 and 2018 respectively, which are currently producing 20,000 barrels of oil per day commercially.

ONGC Videsh Limited was awarded Block CPO-5 in the 2008 bidding round of Colombia. ONGC Videsh holds 70% participating interest in the block with operatorship, with partner Geopark holding the remaining 30%.

ONGC Videsh has a significant presence in the oil and gas sector in Colombia, three other exploration blocks in the country and is jointly owned by oil producer Mansarovar Energy Columbia Limited (MECL).

“In a new game of oil exploration in the block with the Yuraka-1X well, ONGC Videsh reiterates the technical and operational prowess and adds another wing towards the extensive exploration and drilling operations in Colombia,” the company said.

  Oil Prices Fall As Eu Struggles To Build Consensus On Russian Oil Import Ban

subscribe to mint newspaper

, Enter a valid email

, Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter!

By PK NEWS

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.